We are posting our 2020 Band Camp Procedures in order to make sure all active band members and their families have access to this important information.
An email has also been sent out via CHARMS with this information.
We are SO excited to start the 2020 Marching Season! This week, we have had percussion, color guard, and leadership students working to prepare for the start of band camp on Monday!
We are implementing a whole new set of procedures and precautions that will protect the students and staff while we begin working. I have attached that plan to this email. Everyone MUST review this document BEFORE MONDAY (July 13).
A few things to remember/note:
1. Plans can change quickly, sometimes without warning. Please be flexible.
2. Google Meeting NEXT Tuesday (July 14) night at 6:30pm for all band families. At least one parent should attend that virtual meeting. Meeting details will be sent out via email and Remind that morning.
3. Students MUST BRING THEIR OWN WATER. AND PLENTY OF IT!
4. Students MUST BRING THEIR OWN LUNCH!
5. For rain-protection, students need a black trash bag to put their instrument in. We will only go inside if the weather becomes dangerous. Light rain- we will stay outside.
6. Arrive at camp no earlier than 7:45. You will NOT be able to arrive early and just drop students off! PLEASE cooperate with this procedure. There will be signs guiding you to the drop off. Students will stay in the car until they have their temp taken and answer a questionnaire.
7. Camp hours are 8am-2pm each day, next week… and the second week. We cancelled the night portions of the camp in the second week.
8. Students will come home Monday with paperwork that will be required to be completed by the end of band camp (July 24)
There is MUCH more in the attached PDF, so please read over it!
We look forward to seeing everyone on Monday at 8am! Get outside this week and get used to the heat. And again, READ OVER THE ATTACHED PDF for all the details you need. Email Mr. Channell at email@example.com if you have questions!
Thank you, parents and families, for helping us follow new procedures so we can get back to band-ing!
One of the longest running band contests in Middle Tennessee happens each fall right here at Lebanon High School!
Our 35th annual Blue Devil Invitational will be on Saturday, October 3rd, 2020.
Band directors – click here to register for the 2020 Blue Devil Invitational!
Click here to watch a video about BDI
Click here for the CALENDAR which shows not only our events but also concerts and events from other schools and organizations in our area that we know about!
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, all events for the rest of the school year have been postponed at this time. We will update when we have more information here and on our Facebook page.
- Friday, February 28th: The Lebanon Band hosts and performs in the All-Schools concert at 6:30PM in the LHS Auditorium. This concert features performances from all of our feeder schools and the last piece combines all of the bands into the MEGABAND!
- Saturday, March 14th: The Lebanon Band marches in the Chicago St. Patrick’s Day Parade! The parade begins at noon. Click this link for more information.
- POSTPONED – updated dates to be announced: The Lebanon Fine Arts Department presents “9 to 5: The Musical” in the LHS Auditorium. More details to come!
- POSTPONED – Monday, April 20th: The Cedar Creek Community Band will perform their Spring Concert in the LHS Auditorium at 7PM featuring special guest soloist Dr. Mark J. Cramer, Assistant Professor of Clarinet at Tennessee Tech University.
- CANCELLED – Friday, May 1st: The Lebanon Band presents their Spring Concert at 6:30PM in the LHS Auditorium. Come see the Class of 2020 in their final band performance!
As you know, school has been out since March 3rd first due to the tornado that caused significant damage in our community and in nearby communities and then due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Obviously, all of our upcoming events for the rest of the school year are either already postponed or listed as tentative. As soon as we know more, we will post updates here on this site and on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/lebanonbandtn/
We hope you are doing well through all of this. We look forward to getting back to making music for you as soon as we can!
Please join us on Friday, February 28th 2020 at 7PM for our annual All-Schools Band Concert featuring performances by bands from Lebanon High School, Winfree Bryant, Walter J. Baird, Tuckers Crossroads and Carroll Oakland plus the always exciting MEGABAND performance featuring all performers on stage for the finale!
This concert is free.
Enter Lebanon High School through the commons entrance. The performance will be in the Lebanon High School Auditorium.